Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fourth day

Constant pain from the hematoma. No liquids or foods. I started food through my I.V. The food for the I.V. was ordered at like 11am I only got it at like 11pm. Stupid hospitals. I haven’t had food since last Tuesday afternoon, it Monday. But I am nauseous so I don’t really mind not eating. The day was pretty okay, pretty quiet. Just slept a lot. Walked around a little. My mom stayed the night again thank goodness I love her so much. She is the reason this is not that bad. She got me a little cute kitten stuffed animal and a stress ball so I can squeeze both when in pain lol. Poor kitten.

One surgeon checked on me like three times looking at the hematoma. Then he finaly said, “you know CAT scans aren’t 100% right all the time, and if it is part of the intestines sticking out because of a popped stitch I can fix it quickly. If it is a hematoma I will just drain it.” So less than 30 minutes later I was in the operation room being cut open again.

When I woke up I felt better than I have ever felt in the hospital yet. It was a hematoma but he drained it. Later the pain rose again, probably after the anesthesia wore off but it is so much better than before.

I slept and my mom made my dad to stay the night to help. Lol he can help and he sort of did. But if I woke up in the night he mostly just made me call the nurse and wait anyway. But he did make me wait for the nurse, I guess that is good. And he snored a lot. Haha oh well. I think I am getting better and I won’t need anyone to stay over soon. I just have trouble getting in and out of my bed…and walking. Lol but I am really good at sitting :D

No comments:

Post a Comment