Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Starting the Blog

So, my name is Kelly. And I have UC and I am going to get surgery which sucks. I am a college student and had to take the second semester off because it, which stinks even more. Therefore people suggested I write a blog about my experience and I am doing just that.

So I was diagnosed 2 years ago even though I started having symptoms 4 years ago. Maybe around my sophomore year of high school. idk its hard to keep track of when I started to feel ill. but when I got diagnosed it was the end of my senior year which was around prom time and graduation (and I unfortunately had to miss all my AP tests haha). It was all good though and I had a lot of fun.

Summer came and I got to rest. I really was looking forward to college even though I was still really ill, and was determined to keep going. It was tough at college. I couldn’t eat most food, couldn’t drink, was often in pain, and every 6 weeks I got this intense medicine, remicade, which would give me flu like symptoms. The admisitration of the medicine would also involve a whole day of traveling to an infusion place and recieveing the medicine, so I would have to miss classes. So after my first sophomore semester I couldn't deny it any longer and I have finally decided to take the next semester off during the winter break to get surgery.

So when I returned to college to get all my stuff, I decided to stay for the whole long weekend. It was Martin Luther King weekend. When I first got there, I was sort of really upset to have to leave, you know because I just thought I was going to be able to be back. I had already chosen my classes, talked about all the things I was going to do with my friends and roommate. So it was upsetting having to leave and return my key and such.

However I think that might have been my best weekend at Georgetown. My friends the following night held a surprise party for me which I was completely clueless about, even though there had been hints implying it. I had been completely oblivious to them. I was so moved by the fact all my friends had shown up to say bye to me. Most of them I had not even spoken to over the winter break, and I hadn’t even told some of my close friends because I was so upset about leaving. I still don’t know how my roommate and my friends planning it got all those people in the room!! I felt bad because I had left my room a mess not knowing about the party. I had bins, clothes and school books out.

That weekend I got the best part of everything. I got to go to dancing parties and parties were we just chilled. Plus that weekend was a lot of my friends' birthday so I got to celebrate it with them. I also just had fun relaxing in my room and haning out. I LOVE ALL MY FRIENDS AND I AM GOING TO MISS THIS SEMESTER SO MUCH!

1 comment:

  1. i miss you!!!! you are an AMAZING blogger. and my hero.

    ReplyDelete