Thursday, February 4, 2010

Being Home

Now I am home and it has been amazing. I get to eat again, gaining some weight. I think I am about 115 haha 2 pounds yes! I can eat food without being in pain!!! That has been the best part. I eat food without worrying about the consequences of pain later. There are still limitations on what I can eat. I am on a low residue diet, which means I still should stay away from fiber-y foods like fruits and vegetables. I have to stay away from fats (which I think is silly because I am trying to gain weight here!) and should be careful of alcohol still until the second surgery is over. Even once the second surgery is over it will take awhile for my body to adjust to the change (no large intestines). I will have to eat different foods, doing trial and errors making sure it’s okay.


The biggest concern is now is bowel obstruction. Because the small intestines is smaller than the larger the food I can eat can get stuck and cause a blockage. And if the blockage isn’t fixed that could lead to a permanent stoma thingy/ostomy bag!!! And I just would not be okay with that. So I am being very careful about my food.


My mom has been very protective of me. The first day I always had someone around me and I wasn’t allowed to walk by myself. Second day she was a little more lenient. My mother’s parents came to stay to help out with things.

However today they left. My mom still hasn’t let me climb the stairs to my room; thus I am staying in the back bedroom—which is fine there is a t.v. in here. I am more than capable of climbing stairs. I walked up and down from the basement today to show my little sister what the old good video games were. I have been passing my time by playing wii games with my ten year old sister haha and also watching the t.v. series on dvd, fringe, madmen, and 30 rock. I am thinking of starting to watching Lost too.


My mom had promised that I could go visit my friends at college on the 11th but tonight all the sudden she decided otherwise. I mean I can understand why she won’t let me, it’s just that I wish she hadn’t gotten my hopes up and all because she said I could since the day we left the hospital. She said that I would probably be fine to go down and visit then. And afterwards we were talking about it as if I were going. I am extremely disappointed : ( maybe she will let me visit later in the month. I miss college and all my friends. I love you all so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment